This past Christmas, we got a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. We’ve used it a lot since then, so we figured now was the perfect time to give you a review. With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday, this could make an excellent gift!
We have the Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Electric Smokehouse Smoker, which retails for $199.99 on Amazon.com. While a lot of people are anti-electric smoker, we like this one of the ease of setting the temp, and knowing it will maintain itself without a lot of attention. Since smoking meat takes a while, to eat at a decent hour you really need to start early in the morning. As long as you soak some chips and get the meat ready the night before, you can get up, preheat the smoker for about 30 minutes, throw the chips and the meat in and go back to bed a bit longer before you have to add more chips.
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Pros
- Other models of the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker do not feature the thermostat, which we consider a major plus.
- Timer allows us to “set and forget”
- Automatic shut off keeps the smoker from running when it doesn’t need to be.
- The small size, much like a mini-fridge makes it easy for us to move, so we can smoke meats at family gatherings away form home.
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Cons
- Even though there are four racks, we’ve not been able to smoke more than two pork butts at once. (Not really a con, but there’s not much else we can complain about!)
*Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are our own. We were not compensated by Masterbuilt for this review. We received the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker as a gift from family.