There is nothing better than a cold brew after a long day’s work, but recently I bought a microbrew that tasted terrible. The beer was way too dark for my taste, but I didn’t want to waste my $10 so I looked for the perfect beer bread recipe.
When I say perfect, I mean easy, of course. This is the recipe I found and it works wonderfully with any type of beer.
NOTE: If you are looking for the perfect beer to use for your beer bread visit your local grocery store and ask about buying individual bottles. Many grocery stores offer a mix and match six pack for under $9. You can pick and choose from several popular microbrews.
NOTE: If you don’t have self-rising flour, mix 3 cups flour with 3 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt.
- Self Rising Flour - 3 1/4 cups
- Sugar - 1/4 cup (white or brown works)
- Butter - 1/4 cup, melted
- Beer - 12 ounces
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add beer.
- Mix again until all lumps are gone.
- Pour into greased loaf pan or muffin pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour (loaf pan) or 35 minutes (muffin pan).
- Cool slightly and serve.
Recipe Contributed by Summer Banks of Married and Writing.