My husband and I are both extremely lucky to have a lot of Italian in our blood, and you can see it everyday not only through our skin tone but by our tastes in food! Last year we had gone out to eat and had the worst Chicken Parmesan we had ever had in our lives! For our anniversary that year I surprised him with this amazing Chicken Parmesan meal and we have been hooked ever since! This is another one of those meals that I just will not order out to eat anymore. It is a little time consuming, but it is worth the extra effort that it takes!
- Chicken Breast - 1 pound
- Large Eggs - 4
- All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Paprika - 1 tablespoon
- White Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs - 1 to 2 cups, Panko works too!
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese - As desired
- Tomato Sauce - 1 jar, or homemade
- Mozzarella - As needed, shredded
- Angel Hair Pasta - 8 oz. cooked, drained
- Grab 3 large plates to start setting up your breading station.
- Using a hand mixer, beat eggs seasoned with a little salt and pepper until foamy. Pour into the first plate.
- In a mixing bowl combine; flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika, white and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into second plate.
- Pour Panko or season bread crumbs into the last plate.
- Preheat your oven to 425. Add butter to casserole dish and let it melt during the preheating process. Browned butter adds a lot more flavor to this dish!
- Begin coating your chicken into each of the seasoned plates starting with the flour, next the egg mixture and lastly the breading. I like to press the breading in deep using either a fork or using gloves. My husband LOVES the extra crunch!
- Pull your casserole dish out of the oven and place the breaded chicken directly into the hot pan. Coat all of the chicken and then bake for 15-18 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, start to warm up your spaghetti sauce and start to boil some water for the angel hair pasta.
- You'll want to put the tomato sauce directly on top of the chicken when it comes out of the oven.
- Next top with fresh mozzarella and place back into the oven for another 3-5 minutes and bump up your oven temperature to 450 or 500 so you get a nice crunch on the chicken and the mozzarella.
- Drain your pasta and serve 2-3 tenders or one chicken breast on top of the pasta. Serve with veggies of your choice!
This Chicken Parmesan recipe may seem a little time intensive, but after making it once or twice it takes no time at all!