Our last post featured Tequila Lime Chicken Pasta. If you followed the recipe and cooked two pounds of chicken, you should have a pound leftover that will make this chicken quesadilla recipe that much easier!
Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
- 1 pound Tequila Lime Chicken
- Flour tortillas
- Mexican cheeses (I recommend using a Mexican blend along with a Colby/Monterey Jack blend, but use your favorite)
- Peppers, onions, etc. (optional)
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe Directions
- Shred the previously prepared chicken. If you do not have it already made, follow the recipe above, and then continue to step 2.
- Microwave the tortillas for just a few seconds, (20 or so should do it, but microwave oven’s vary) to get them warm so the first layer of cheese melts instantly.
- Top one warm tortilla with a layer of cheese.
- Add a generous helping of the chicken.
- Add any other optional toppings.
- Add another layer of cheese.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Fry in pan over medium heat for 2-4 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Flip, and repeat.
Serve with Spanish Rice, black beans, sour cream, guacamole, or salsa.