I had never even heard of Chocolate Cream Pie until the first Thanksgiving my husband and I shared together while we were dating. Our family tradition on the sweet pie is my mom's amazing chocolate chip pie, which I will blog about for Thanksgiving! I was very interested to watch the process and eat the final product. I generally don't eat puddings, custards, or Jello because I don't like the texture but this was unique. This pie is like no other that you have ever tried before. The grated nutmeg on top with the homemade whip cream and delicious pudding on a graham cracker crust just melts in your mouth. This Chocolate Cream Pie with a graham cracker crust is a must try for your next social gathering!
- Graham Cracker Crust - 1
- Cook and Serve Chocolate Pudding - 1 large box
- Unsalted Butter - 1 tablespoon, melted
- Milk - 3 cups
- For the Whipped Topping
- Heavy Whipping Cream - 16 ounces
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 to 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg - As needed, for garnish
- Melt the butter and brush the graham cracker crust and bake for 3-4 minutes at 325. This will help the crust stay crunchy with all of the wet textures that get piled on top of the chocolate cream pie.
- Meanwhile, stir one large package of chocolate Jello cook and serve pudding along with 3 cups of milk into a sauce pan on medium heat. Make sure you stir continuously so the mixture heats evenly.
- Continue stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens, around 5-10 minutes.
- When the chocolatey mixture is thickened pour directly into the pie crust.
- Immediately cover chocolate mixture with wax paper so that it does not form a filmy reside. This is a VERY important step!
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours until chilled.
- In mixing bowl whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until still peaks are formed.
- Once your chocolate cream pie is chilled thoroughly, evenly distribute the whipped topping. Grate fresh nutmeg on top as a garnish.
Sit back and enjoy how delicious this chocolate cream pie is!