Chorizo and Eggs in a burrito is a great breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We’ve been making them for years, sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for dinner. It’s definitely one of Joe’s favorites. The cool thing about it is you can make it as spicy or as mild as you want. We like everything spicy around here, if you haven’t figured that out already. 😉
Chorrizo Burrito Ingredients
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, mild or hot depending on what you like.
- 6-12 eggs, depending on how much egg you want in the mixture. (We use a dozen eggs per pound, but we like eggs)
- 1 pkg. burrito sized tortillas
- 1 15 oz. can refried beans
- 1 pkg. shredded cheese of your choice (we use Monterey Jack)
- sour cream (to taste)
- jarred jalepeno slices (optional if you want heat, use fresh for an even better kick)
Chorizo Burrito Directions
- Remove chorizo from casing and fry in skillet until cooked through.
- Drain grease (there’s a lot!)
- Return to skillet, adding eggs and scrambling. Add eggs one at a time until you get enough for your taste.
- Heat beans in a small pot and season to taste. We usually add a bit of garlic and hot sauce.
- Spread beans on tortilla, top with egg and chorizo mixture, add cheese.
- Nuke in the microwave to melt cheese if the mixture isn’t hot enough to melt it. (Or skip melting it all together.)
- Add sour cream and jalepeno slices if you want.
- Fold and roll into a burrito and serve. Serve with salsa, if that’s your kind of thing.