Today we feature a guest post from Sara, a regular It’s Foodtastic! reader. Want to share your favorite recipe with our readers? Contact us!
To cook the Italian dish for 6 people, you’ll need the following ingredients. You’ll spend about 30 minutes putting it together, and it will need about 50 minutes to cook completely.
Italian Style Meatloaf with Baked Tomatoes Ingredients
- A couple of garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb beef, minced
- 3/4 cup Red pepper tapenade
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 cups lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- One egg, slightly beaten
- 4 thin slices of bacon, finely chopped
- Thinly sliced onion
- 1 lb Cherry truss tomatoes
- Rocket leaves
Italian Style Meatloaf with Baked Tomatoes Directions
1. To start with, you need to heat the oven at 400F.
2. Get a load pan and line it with baking paper according to the size of meat so that the both long ends overhang by 2 centimeters.
3. Now mix the garlic, mince, zucchini, tapenade, lentils, egg, breadcrumbs, bacon and egg in a bowl with hands.
4. Use pepper and salt to season the mixture.
5. Put the mixture into the pan and use some onions to topple it.
6. Now bake the mixture for 50 minutes, or until it is thoroughly cooked.
7. At the end, place the tomatoes on the baking paper. You can use salt and pepper once again to season the tomatoes.
8. Bake it along with meatloaf for 15 minutes.
9. After it is cooked, let it cool down for 15 minutes.
10. Add tomatoes and rocket leaves to serve as per requirement.
11. Serve the dish and enjoy it with your family.
About the Author:
Sara, a stay-at-home mom, is an editor of Livesnet, a site offering quality product reviews. She’s surely willing to share her own experience and tips. Please visit Livesnet and read best rated food processor reviews like her latest review of cuisinart elite food processor.