Loaded Baked Potato Skins is a perfect go to appetizer for any occasion! They are very easy to make and once you start making them at home, you will find it hard to pay so much for them at your favorite restaurant! My husband absolutely loves loaded baked potato skins and now that I've tweaked the recipe to his high standards, I'm so excited to share it with you and see how you guys like them! We love getting feedback about our recipes so feel free to comment on your favorites! Whenever your hosting your next get together, try bringing in these crowd pleasing loaded baked potato skins!
- Large Baking Poatoes - 5, baked and cooled
- Bacon - 5 slices, cooked and drained
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese - 2 cups, shredded
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Garlic Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - To taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes - To taste
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- White Pepper - To taste
- Preheat oven for 450
- Mix together; oil, garlic salt, paprika, white pepper, and black pepper.
- Cut the potatoes horizontally lengthwise into quarters then scrap out the potato. Reserve for other use
- Place tablespoon of butter in baking dish and place in oven to grease the pan
- Brush the oil and spice mixture over the potato skins and bake them for 8-9 minutes per side.
- Remove from oven and arrange layers of cheddar, bacon, cheddar and then bake for another 3 minutes.
- Once they are done, remove from pan and add a dollop of sour cream. Garnish with chopped green onions and red pepper flakes
I am so happy that I have finally perfected one of my husbands favorite recipes! The next time you are looking for something new to do with your potatoes, have some that are getting ready to go bad, or you just happen to love loaded baked potato skins as much as my husband, give this recipe a try!