It’s National Blueberry Month! I couldn’t think of a better way to kick of a month filled with blueberries and celebrating our independence than with this amazing trifle recipe! To me there is nothing more refreshing than fresh berries and whipping cream!
Then, whenever you add this lemon glazed pound cake into the mixture it’s a blueberry party in your mouth! I am extremely lucky to be such good friends with Jennifer because every year she always picks me fresh blueberries so I never have to go to the store, and they are totally organic! Not only does she do this, but she has also made blueberry conserve (and grape of course) that my kids absolutely love!
Some people can’t imagine eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without grape jelly but after trying this homemade blueberry conserve it will totally change your mind. Hopefully we can convince her to give up her recipe!
You will see many blueberry recipes from us this month so make sure your following us on facebook and pinterest. Anyways, back to the trifle because this recipe is so delicious I’m going to stop talking about it and just tell you how to make it too sometime during National Blueberry Month!
Blueberry Trifle Pound Cake Glaze Ingredients
- One pre-made package of your favorite pound cake mixture or I encourage you to make your own (separate blog coming later)
- One cup of powdered sugar
- One lemon
Berry Trifle Pound Cake Glaze Directions
- Follow pound cake directions, and let cool 30 minutes.
- Using a fork cut deep holes into the cake, all around even on the sides. You want to makes sure the cake soaks in as much glaze as possible.
- Zest half of the lemon directly into the cup of powdered sugar and juice the entire lemon into the powdered sugar as well. Stir until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Spoon or pour glaze directly onto pound cake, to your taste. I didn’t use all of mine, but my husband drenched his.
- Now that your pound cake is delicious, time to slice it like a loaf of bread and cube it for the trifle.
Blueberry Trifle Ingredients
- One glazed pound cake
- One pint of blueberries
- One pint of other berries of your choice (strawberries or raspberries)
- Cool whip or a homemade whipped topping
- Fresh nutmeg (optional)
Blueberry Trifle Directions
- Carefully layer the pound cake on the bottom of either a large trifle bowl, or a smaller bowl of your choice. We made ours individual sized.
- Carefully place thin layers of strawberries.
- Cover with blueberries.
- Spread some whipped topping and repeat.
- Garnish with a mint leaf or some freshly grated nutmeg or chocolate!
This is a great seasonal recipe and a great way to kick off National Blueberry Month!