Pork chops on the grill is the BEST way in my opinion to eat them! If you have read my blog about Grilled Apples, you must try these two recipes together! It's such an amazing flavor combination! This may be by far our favorite new summer meal and its super easy! Any pork product is a big hit with my husband, I'm sure many of you ladies can relate to that statement! When I think of Father's Day and his birthday all in the same month, I really try to spoil him with his favorite meals, flavors and this just happens to be one that we all enjoy so much! It's even better when we have our kids in the kitchen with us.
- Pork Chops - 4
- Apple - 1, of your choice
- Cloves - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Mustard - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dark Brown Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon - 1 generous pinch
- Water - 1 cup
- Season the pork generously with a salt and pepper.
- Layer two pieces of pork at the bottom of a casserole dish, then a layer of apple slices then top with the last two pieces of pork and a few more slices of apple.
- In a mixing bowl combine the water, ground mustard, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir until all of these seasonings are dissolved.
- Pour the flavor mixture on top of the pork and apples and let marinate for at least 10 minutes per side.
- Grill the pork chops for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on how thick your pork chops are.
Make sure that you are following us on twitter and pinterest so you don't miss out on any of our amazing recipes! If you like the pork chops on the grill, just wait until this fall when I blog about the baked pork and apples!