To make your own sauce from fresh tomatoes, it is a good idea to roast them first. Here’s what you’ll need and how to do it.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 pounds fresh tomatoes (more or less depending on how much sauce you need)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (herbs optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (herbs optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cloves of garlic to taste (3-5) (peeling optional)
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 225.
- Slice tomatoes in half, sprinkle herbs and season to taste.
- Place garlic on cookie sheet with tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
- Bake for three hours, or until slightly shriveled and dry, with little juice left.
Use them in sauce, store them for snacking, whatever you want!
Image Credit: Flickr