It’s finally here! We had to put some finishing touches on it, because it is one of hubby’s original recipes. This is something we make here at the house often, because we don’t like ketchup; or how the traditional meatloaf is topped with it. We used our favorite glass bakeware for this dish. There is restaurant quality Anchor Hocking glassware available for the home chef who needs everything!
BBQ Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 c. chopped jalepeno (seeded for less heat)
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red onion
- 2-3 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/4 teas. liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce (your choice of brand and flavor, preferably spicy or honey BBQ) to mix in meatloaf
- 1 tbsp. spiced brown mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teas. sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pkg. thick cut pepper bacon (enough to wrap meatloaf; don’t pile bacon on top of bacon.)
- 2 teas. ground black pepper
- 1 c. crushed corn chips (crumb sized)
- Additional BBQ Sauce for top
BBQ Meatloaf Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine meats, spices, mustard, Worcestershire, BBQ, liquid smoke, peppers, onions, garlic and eggs.
- Mix well, and form into loaf shape.
- Wrap meatloaf in bacon.
- Cook at 450 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and rub with BBQ sauce.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Cook for another 35-45 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
We want to know what you think! Give this a try and come back here to share your thoughts. What’d you like? What could be done to make it better? Don’t be shy! *The photo was taken after everyone dived into it, because we weren’t quick enough on the draw with the camera to get a photo of the finished product first!