A lot of people have asked for J’s fresh guacamole recipe, and he’s finally decided to post it for everyone. If you know us personally, you’ve likely had this recipe a time or two, and you know he’s kept it under wraps for years! It goes quickly in this house, and at any social engagement we attend. It makes a great snack, appetizer, and pot luck dish. Picky ol’ me didn’t like guacamole until I tried this. Then, I decided to try others at local Mexican restaurants, just so I knew I wasn’t being biased. J’s wins every time!
- 4 avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes, small to medium sized, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, minced
- 1 tbsp serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated with Microplane
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Juice of 1- 1 1/2 lime
- 1 ½-2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cut avocado and remove pit.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Mince green onion and peppers. Remove seeds for less heat.
- Chop cilantro.
- Zest and juice lime.
- Finely grate garlic with microplane.
- Add the avocados, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic, to large bowl.
- Add cumin, cayenne pepper, cilantro, and lime zest.
- Mix throughly to combine ingredients.
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix again until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Give this fresh guacamole recipe a try and let us know what you think!