A lot of people have asked for J's fresh guacamole recipe, and he's finally decided to post it for everyone. If you know us personally, you've likely had this recipe a time or two, and you know he's kept it under wraps for years! It goes quickly in this house, and at any social engagement we attend. It makes a great snack, appetizer, and pot luck dish. Picky ol' me didn't like guacamole until I tried this. Then, I decided to try others at local Mexican restaurants, just so I knew I wasn't being biased. J's wins every time! Give this fresh guacamole recipe a try and let us know what you think!
- Avocados - 4
- Roma tomatoes - 2 small to medium sized, diced
- Green onion - 1/4 cup, minced
- Serranos - 1 tablespoon, minced
- Jalepeno - 1 tablespoon, minced
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced or grated with a microplane
- Lime - 1 1/2 limes
- Lime Zest - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin - 2 teaspoons, ground
- Cayenne - Pinch, to taste for heat
- Salt and Pepper - To taste
- Cut avocado and remove pit.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Mince green onion and peppers. Remove seeds for less heat.
- Chop cilantro.
- Zest and juice lime.
- Finely grate garlic with microplane.
- Add the avocados, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic, to large bowl.
- Add cumin, cayenne pepper, cilantro, and lime zest.
- Mix throughly to combine ingredients.
- Add lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix again until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.