Smores Brownies are a rich and delicious way to wrap up our Memorial Day week of food! There is nothing better than smores to end your cookout, and these brownies incorporate all of the flavors of smores into a smaller, easier way to eat! I made these for Jennifer's wedding rehearsal dinner last fall and they were so amazing! The extra time it takes to make these brownies is totally worth it in the end.
- For the Crust
- Graham Crackers - 6, whole
- Butter - 3 tablespoons, unsalted
- Granulated Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- For the Brownies
- Milk Chocolate - 8 ounces, chopped
- Butter - 6 tablespoons, unsalted
- All Purpose Flour - 1/4 cup, sifted
- Salt - 1/8 cup
- Eggs - 2 large, at room temperature
- Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Chocolate Chips - 4 ounces
- Marshmallows - 25 large, cut in half crosswise
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 9 X 9 pan with foil, and grease the bottom and sides.
- Blend the graham crackers, butter and sugar until the crumbs are firm. Evenly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until light brown, then let cool.
For the Brownies
- Melt 8 ounces of chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stir until smooth and cool to room temperature.
- Once it has reached room temperature, whisk eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Next, whisk in the chocolate mixture. Very carefully, fold in the flour mixture and then fold in the 4 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Spread the brownie batter over the cooled graham cracker crust. Bake for 23 minutes or until it's set.
- Then place the marshmallow halves on top of the hot brownies and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Take the foil off of the pan and use clean, wet fingertips to spread the marshmallows to fill in the area's that may be uncovered. Grate some chocolate over the marshmallows for an appealing and delicious garnish.
- Fill up a tall glass with steaming hot water and cut the brownies with the hot knife, wiping it clean after each brownie is cut.
There you have it! Give this Smores Brownies recipe a try and let us know what you think!