This tequila lime chicken recipe will easily make two dinners. Buy two pounds of chicken, use one pound with the pasta, and save the other pound for shredding to use in quesadillas. We'll post that recipe on Thursday!
- Chicken Tenders - 2 pounds
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- White Pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
- Garlic salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Lime - 1, juiced
- Tequila - 1 ounce, your choice
- Bell pepper - 1, your choice of color
- Egg noodles, or other pasta - As needed
- First, you will want to heavily season your chicken on both sides. If you like spicy, don't be afraid to kick up the heat with some cayenne or red pepper flake. (My measurements are guestimates; I’m not one of those cooks who measures everything out. I did make quite the mess trying to come up with what I did!)
- Place in a large casserole dish and dice up the pepper.
- Toss on top of the seasoned chicken and then juice the lime evenly over the chicken and peppers.
- Repeat with the shot of tequila and let it sit in the fridge about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can be heating up your frying pan with some butter and get a pot of water boiling for the pasta.
- Once the chicken has marinated and the pan is hot enough, you can go ahead and start cooking the chicken. It normally takes about 3-5 minutes per side to get the carmalization that I like. You can also cook the peppers, or cook everything on the grill.
- Season and cook your pasta, and drain.
- Once your chicken is done, plate half of it on top of pasta with veggies.
- Shred the other half of the chicken and store for quesadillas.
This Tequila Lime Chicken recipe will rival Applebee's any day, and will do it at a fraction of the cost!