Whether I go for the crock pot, the dutch oven, or the pressure cooker, I LOVE one-pot meals. I’ve always said it–my favorite foods are stews and soups. A small batch recipe, this chili is very easy to make and most of the work is done by the stove.
If you’re not into spicy foods, this is your kind of chili! It has amazing, bold flavors without any heat. It is seasoned with “Nothing but Love”, one of my mild blends, which is infused with flavors of paprika, celery seeds, and white pepper. This is delicious and a well-balanced meal.
Black and White Chili Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb organic, grass-fed ground beef
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 leek, greens reserved for another use, whites cut into thin rounds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped*
- 3 tbsp Alejandra’s Nothing but Love
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 15-oz can organic black beans, strained
- 1 15-oz can organic white beans (great northern or navy), strained
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 avocado, seeded, sliced thinly
- 4 lime wedges
* I prefer to peel my tomatoes. I score them and blanch them in boiling water for a few seconds. But this is not necessary.
- Brown ground beef in a medium-sized Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon. Strain and discard excess fat. Add onion, leek, garlic, tomatoes, Nothing but Love, and season with a little coarse sea salt and black pepper. Stir and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth and all beans to the Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cover with lid. Cook for 1 hour stirring to avoid chili from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add fresh lime juice to pot and stir thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with avocado slices and lime wedge. Enjoy!