Most of you know that I am an enthusiastic cook but baking just isn’t my thing. That is until my Mom turned me on to this easy and healthy cookie recipe!
These black bean cocoa cookies are easy to make, quick to bake and so creamy and yummy!
The black beans give them a creamy texture and coupled with the almond butter, they have whopping amounts of protein. The dates and vanilla give them a sweet flavor making them a great non-sugar/low glycemic alternative for kids. Plus, they are gluten free!!!
The dark chocolate hue of these cookieswill ground you to the Earth as it is related to the Wood element and represents stability, grounding, and reliability.
Whip up a batch today, set your Intentions and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Here is the black bean cocoa cookie recipe that is simply scrumptious, healthy and something that you won’t find in any run-of-the-mill cookie recipe. That’s why I am sharing it. I think you’ll like this. Enjoy!
Black Bean Cocoa Cookie Recipe
* 85 calories each
* Makes approx 20 cookies
- 2 cups organic cooked black beans drained retain liquid
- 10 Large Medjool dates pit them yourself
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tspn Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Amaranth pearls or chia seeds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix beans, dates, almond butter and vanilla in food processor till smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process again. You may need to add some of the black bean liquid that was reserved to make the mixture creamier but do it sparingly.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and form cookies – 1 heavy tbspn for each cookie.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until they feel done.