Today I started my 21-Day Vegan Challenge. For some time, I’ve been vegan-curious but was very intimidated by the meatless, cheeseless, butterless way of eating – which were pretty much my primary 3 reasons for eating..period. Let’s face it, for me that’s like squeezing all the joy out of life. Blah blah food- nope, not for me. My life includes a spectrum of rich, feel good comfort food that you daydream about many moments after you’ve delighted in it which includes the smokiness of bacon, creaminess of cheese and richness of ooey, goeey, cheesy foodstuffs.
Today I want to share a simple yet delicious vegan sweet potato quinoa hash recipe – check it out below!
- Recipe type: Vegan
- Cuisine: American
- Serves: 4
- 1½ cup of quinoa
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tsp white pepper
- ½ cup chopped kale
- salt to taste
- Bring the quinoa and the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan add the coconut oil, garlic, chopped onions, kale and sweet potatoes, white pepper and salt.
- Cook on medium heat continuously stirring and moving the hash around so all of the sides of the sweet potatoes cook evenly. Cook until the onions become translucent and the kale and sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the quinoa and thoroughly mix.