Whataburger was started way back in 1950 in Corpus Christi, Texas. There are now almost 900 restaurants, and the company does nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, that is a lot of burgers!
If you have never been to Whataburger, you are in for a treat! They have an amazing range of burgers and more sauces than you can handle. To help you nail your order, we have compiled a list of all of the sauces at Whataburger.
What sauces does Whataburger have? Whataburger offers five condiments, including Picante sauce, margarine, fancy ketchup, spicy ketchup, and salsa verde. They have seven dipping sauces, including honey BBQ, buffalo, honey mustard, creamy pepper, honey butter, pancake syrup, and sugar-free pancake syrup. And eight salad dressings.
Whataburger has 20 unique sauces that you can enjoy right now! Now it’s time to rank them from 1 to 20.
What Are The Best Whataburger Condiments?
The best Whataburger condiments are Spicy Ketchup, Fancy Ketchup and Picante Sauce, Salsa Verde, and Margarine in that order!
Here is our ranking of Whataburger’s condiments:
- Spicy Ketchup – Think of the tastiest ketchup you have ever eaten, and then add some amazing jalapeno heat, and you have Whataburger’s Spicy Ketchup. This sauce is hot, sweet, and tangy. It goes well with everything from burgers to fries!
- Fancy Ketchup – Don’t settle for poorly made ketchup that barely has any tomatoes in it. Take advantage of Whataburger’s Fancy Ketchup which is almost 40% tomato puree and tastes incredibly fresh. After tasting Fancy Ketchup, you can never go back to plain old ketchup.
- Picante Sauce – Do you want to add some extra spice to your meal? Then try out Whataburger’s yummy Picante Sauce. This thin red sauce is made from tomato, red peppers, spices, salt, and vinegar. Picante Sauce tastes tangy with some fresh tomato flavor
- Salsa Verde – Don’t be put off by the strange green color, Whataburger’s Salsa Verde is incredible! Salsa Verde tastes tangy combined with a smoky green chili taste.
- Margarine – We aren’t a big fan of margarine and recommend avoiding Whataburger’s margarine. It is better to stick to natural butter!
So there you have it, we can’t get enough of Whataburger’s Spicy Ketchup, but if you are feeling a little adventurous, try out some Picante Sauce or even some Salsa Verde.
What Are The Best Whataburger Dipping Sauces
The best dipping sauces at Whataburger are Creamy Pepper Sauce, Honey Butter Sauce, Honey Mustard Sauce, Buffalo Sauce, Creamy Pepper Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, SugarFree Pancake Syrup, and Pancake Syrup, in that order.
- Creamy Pepper Sauce – This is Whataburger’s signature sauce, and boy does it taste good! It tastes like creamy mayonnaise with some love spices and just enough acidity, which adds refreshing sharpness.
- Honey Butter Sauce – This sauce is like liquid gold! Whataburger’s Honey Butter Sauce is super creamy with a lovely sweet honey flavor. It also has a nice unexpected saltiness.
- Honey Mustard Sauce – It is hard to mess up honey mustard! Whataburger’s Honey Mustard sauce is spicy, sweet, and tangy. It hits lots of different flavor profiles and goes well with practically everything.
- Buffalo Sauce – Whataburger’s Buffalo Sauce is super buttery with an amazing spicy kick. We love dipping fries in this indulgent sauce. Be warned, this sauce is intense.
- Honey BBQ Sauce – Do you wish your BBQ sauce was just a little sweeter? Then try Whataburger’s amazing Honey BBQ Sauce. This sauce is tangy and sweet with some lovely smoky flavors.
- Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup – Do you want to enjoy pancake syrup guilt-free? Then try Whataburger’s incredible Sugar-Free Pancake Syrup, it tastes just as good as the sugar version. This syrup is super thick, sweet, and ultra sticky!
- Pancake Syrup – If you aren’t on a diet, then YOLO, go get yourself some full sugar Pancake Syrup. You deserve some sweetness in your life.
Whataburger’s best sauce is, hands down, their signature Creamy Pepper Sauce. You also have to try their unique Honey Butter Sauce, you will swear its liquid gold!
What Are The Best Whataburger Dressings?
The best dressings at Whataburger are Jalapeno Ranch Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing, Cream Gravy, Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, Low-Fat Honey Pepper Vinaigrette, Fat-Free Ranch Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette, in that order.
- Jalapeno Ranch Dressing – Whataburger’s Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is tangy, a little spicy, with some nice garlic and onion flavors. This dressing tastes amazing on the Monterey Melt.
- Thousand Island Dressing – Whataburger’s Thousand Island Dressing contains juice, paprika, mustard, vinegar, cream, chili sauce, and tomato purée. It is the perfect blend of tangy and spicy.
- Cream Gravy – This sauce is super creamy with some lovely black pepper flavor. It is made from pan drippings, flour, milk, and cracked black pepper and tastes incredible with fries.
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Whataburger’s Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is cool, creamy, tangy, and oh so yummy. It has a lovely garlic flavor which makes it finger lickin’ good!
- Low-Fat Honey Pepper Vinaigrette – Who doesn’t love honey and pepper? Whataburger combined these two flavors and produced a super tasty vinaigrette that is unique but still tastes familiar.
- Fat-Free Ranch Dressing – If you are on a diet and still want to enjoy some tangy and sour buttermilk then grab a packet of Whataburger’s Fat-Free Ranch Dressing and go to town!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – We aren’t fans of Whataburger’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, it is way too strong for our taste buds. But in general, we prefer spicy and creamy sauces. If balsamic vinaigrette is your thing, then go for it and order some!
If we could only choose one Whataburger dressing, we would always opt for Jalapeno Ranch Dressing. Order a Monterey Burger and experience Jalapeno Ranch Dressing in its element.
What Sauce Does Whataburger Put On Their Burgers?
Whataburgers come with mustard sauce. You can add other sauces to your burger as an extra. We recommend putting honey bbq, creamy pepper, or jalapeno ranch on your burger.
Don’t make the mistake of not adding extra sauce to your Whataburger. Otherwise, you will be stuck with just plain old mustard. Supercharge your order and add some creamy pepper or if you are feeling extra adventurous, throw on some jalapeno ranch.
Are Whataburger Sauces Free?
Whataburger sauces are not free! Sauces at Whataburger cost between $0.25 and $0.5, depending on the location. If you are lucky, you may score a free sauce, but this is heavily dependent on the restaurant and your server.
Whataburger is not generous when it comes to sauces. More often than not, you have to reach deeper into your wallet and pay for your sauce. However, if you are regular and build up some rapport with the workers, you may score some sweet-free sauces!
Can You Buy Whataburger Sauces?
You can purchase individual packets of Whataburger sauces at your local restaurant. You can also purchase large bottles of different sauces, including creamy pepper, honey mustard, and jalapeno ranch, at large retailers such as Walmart and Amazon.
You can now take Whataburger sauces home with you and add exceptional flavor to all of your meals. Hop onto Amazon and purchase fancy ketchup, creamy pepper, jalapeno ranch, honey BBQ, mustard, and more!
Whataburger has 20 different sauces, which you drizzle over your burger or fries. If you are tired of boring ketchup and mustard, then cruise down to your local Whataburger and try some interesting concoctions such as jalapeno ranch and creamy pepper.